Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holidays



Life can be super tough sometimes. Things are thrown into our lives that we have no control over and we have to fight to keep our heads in the right place. Right now, it has become my fight. I am struggling to maintain control this holiday season. Sometimes this season, even though it is my favorite time of year, can be extremely difficult to deal with. Pretending that everything is okay is not going to help me deal with it. I know that I shouldn't hide behind the mask that I wear so much, but it's hard for me to do that at times. I just need strength Lord...

1 comment:

  1. A friend challenged me to have a word represent my New Year's resolution this year. I chose strength. She gave me a close-up picture of a train track with a card that said "We all see the strong trains that carry loads of grain or product through this town. People stop in their path because the train represents immense strength. But there is a track beneath every train. It provides an avenue for travel and has to be able to hold huge loads. Be the track, not the train." It has helped me a lot. And has been something very positive for me to think about when I'm feeling weak. Just thought I would pass it along.

    ReplyDelete