Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Passing Lane is for PASSING

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people do not use the passing lane correctly. It is most definitely called the passing lane because it is meant for passing other, slower vehicles in the right-hand lane. Even though there is a law stating that drivers cannot sit in the left-hand lane other than if they are passing, many Illinois drivers cannot seem to grasp this concept correctly. Maybe their minds just cannot fully understand exactly what this means. But from what I have seen, it causes a much larger problem on the roadway. For example, those people with road-rage are more apt to tailgate them, attempting to force them to switch to the right lane. As I have previously stated however, sometimes these lovers of the left lane just do not comprehend the obvious. When they do not switch to the right lane, the road-ragers usually will pass them in the right lane. I myself have passed others in the right lane several times, but I make sure that I still use my turn signal, look over my shoulder, and then pass them. One of the things that I normally see while driving though, are those same drivers affected with road rage swerving over to the right lane and then pass those oblivious drivers hogging the left lane. I have also seen many near accidents happen because of both sets of drivers. If I could make it happen, I would have a giant-lit up sign for when I pass these wonderful people chillin' in the left lane. Once I pass them, I will switch back over to the left lane, press a button, and then they will read "The passing lane is for PASSING. Please switch back to the right lane until you need to pass someone before you cause an accident." Hmm, maybe I should patent this device...

No comments:

Post a Comment