Sunday, April 20, 2014
I'm What?!
On March 29, 2014, I received the surprise of my life. My boyfriend of nearly two years, proposed. Our parents lived next door to each other for several years, and we had no idea either one of us existed. In the summer of 2012, I was home visiting my parents for a couple of weeks. I had just finished my first year of teaching, and was getting ready for a trip to the Dominican Republic with a group of my friends. His dad came over to talk to me to ask me if I would be interested in meeting his son. I thought this was weird, but I agreed to exchange numbers with him and would talk to him once I got back from the Dominican Republic. It turns out that his dad did this whole agreement behind his back. Welp, I guess the rest is history as the saying goes. From the moment I returned from the Dominican, my fiance and I began to pave our future together. We hit it off right away, texting each other back and forth for a couple of days at first, and then we had our first couple of dates near the end of June. He officially asked me out on July 8, 2012, and we've been inseparable ever since. I never thought I could love someone as much as I do this man, but God truly works in mysterious ways. The emptiness I was feeling was filled with nothing but love, devotion, and happiness that this man has brought me every single day over the past couple of years we've been together. And now, we are planning for beginning a new chapter in both of our lives, and I could not be happier. I am absolutely ecstatic about spending the rest of my life with him. I love him with all my heart and soul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hooray! So happy for you two!
ReplyDeleteThanks, girl!
ReplyDelete