
I guess one could say that I am pretty cynical about the holiday known as Valentine's Day. But, most people do not know the right reasons as to why I am this way about this "holiday." Here's my biggest issue:
People use this holiday as a way to share their love with friends, family, spouses, or significant others. I think this is a great idea. One of the things that I do not like, however, is adults waste their money on giant stuffed animals, cards, flowers, and chocolate. Three of those four things just end up in the garbage at some point, and one of those things is something that a person can get anytime of the year. Don't misunderstand me here. I think that it is important to share your love on this day, because it makes it a bit more special, like a birthday or an anniversary. But, a person should note that it's important to share your love every day with those people that are really special to you. And I don't mean by buying them cards and chocolates every day either. Not only would that get really old, but we also can't all be as rich as Bill Gates.
Instead of buying random gifts from the store, a person should try thinking from the heart a little more on this day and do something a bit more creative for that special someone. The picture above is a special treat that one of my sophomore girls spent her time making for myself and the rest of her classmates for Valentine's Day. When asked why she decided to do this, she explained to me that she wanted to do something different for those that she cares about. Made my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment