
So one of the assignments to my students was to create a song using figurative language. Two of my students, with these two it was no surprise, decided to write a song about me. Here's the song they came up with.
"About Lemmon"
Teaching's not a hobby, it's my occupation
Ms. Lemmon is my name, that's a confirmation
I'm a blowout not a sellout
Watch me as I walk out, the children will give a shout.
I'ma fire with a thousand sparks
When I walk by all the dogs bark.
They call me an original gangster,
but baby I'm an English teacher.
Chorus
I'm Lemmon woah-oh
I'm a teacher oh-oh-oh
Teaching is more fun than a cello oh-oh-oh-oh
They call me the Mike Tyson of teaching
Once I'm done with you you'll be preaching
To all the schoolchildren in the town don't get it
Twisted Ms. Lemmon's got the crown.
When I feel pain I wipe it off my shoulder
Jay-Z taught me that when I was a bit younger.
I once flew a car and drove a plane
Some people call me the Helen Keller of discipline
And the Shakespeare of slapping children,
You mess with me you get an F.
2nd Chorus
If you mess with me oh-oh
I'll rip out your tiny little soul
I'm Lemmon oh yes
I look good in any kind of dress.
Now, not all lyrics in this song are true, such as me ripping out their souls. But, I have to give them credit, they were pretty creative. :)
Picture came from http://rebeccacasciano.blogspot.com/2011/01/love-for-lemons.html.
No comments:
Post a Comment