Saturday, July 14, 2012
Chicken Gyro AKA Greek Chicken in Crock Pot
I tried this recipe from a recipe I found online, but I tweaked the ingredients a little bit to my own liking. I was very happy with the results, and it tasted like a homemade chicken gyro.
What you will need for this delicious lunch/dinner:
--1 medium onion (chopped)
--1 medium tomato (chopped)
--1 cucumber (chopped)
--1 red bell pepper (chopped)
--1 clove garlic
--1 lb. boneless/skinless chicken breasts or thighs
--1 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
--1/2 tsp of oregano
--1/2 tsp ground allspice
--1/2 cup plain yogurt
--1 package pita pocket breads
--small crockpot
1.) Mix together chicken, onion, red bell pepper, garlic, lemon pepper, oregano, and allspice in crockpot.
2.) Let cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
3.) When chicken is finished, pull out and shred with a fork, then place back into pot, re-mixing it with other ingredients in the pot.
4.) Cook the pita pocket bread by following the directions on the package. If there are no directions, I usually leave it in the oven until it is slightly toasted, which only takes a few minutes.
5.) Stir in yogurt and let sit for about 10 minutes.
6.) While chicken is soaking up yogurt's flavor, cut the tomato and cucumber.
7.) Fill pita pocket with crock pot's ingredients.
8.) Top with cucumber and tomato.
9.) ENJOY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment