Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010, A New Year and a New Me?



Most people have New Year's resolutions, such as losing weight and spending more time with family and friends. While these goals are important, I've decided that I need to make a few changes with myself for this year. Towards the tail end of 2009, I made some recent changes in my life involving taking some risks, or what I assumed were risks. However, these supposed risks made me realize that I was pretty high strung and that I really just needed to learn how to have fun again.

What have I gained in the last year? For starters, I gained a whole new group of friends that have taught me to enjoy life all the more. According to some of them, I'm just "one of the guys." The neverending question posed constantly, "Where are the other softball girls?" although it gets old, always makes me smile.

Although the beginning of my 2009 was pretty boring and even hurtful, I'd like to say that I went out with a bang! Thanks to my new friends for giving me even more reasons to laugh, especially at myself, and yes, even how short I am. And thank you to my old friends for still sticking by my side. I hope you ALL have a great new year in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment