As I'm waiting for my bus on campus today I noticed a couple of things that were disturbing and/or funny:
ONE: As some students' buses arrived to the stop, many of them pushed their way to the front of the people who were already waiting near the street for the bus. It was almost as if they were blind to those around them or they simply did not care. Either way, I thought it rude and completely unnecessary for them to act in such a manner.
TWO: There are literally 4 doors as the main entrance to the Illini Union Bookstore. The northernmost door is almost always open, since it is the handicap accessible entrance. I watched as dozens of people only entered and exited that open door, even pausing to let others in or out, and even waiting in line to enter or exit through the open door. Very few people used the other doors. It was quite interesting to watch.
ALSO: It's the little things in life that really make the difference sometimes. If I time myself just right every Monday through Friday, I will see something that makes my day, every time. It is a middle-aged, mentally handicapped man standing on the corner of William and Dogwood waiting to be picked up by the MTD. What is so impressive about this man is that he will smile and wave at every passer-by, whether they are on foot or in their car. No matter what mood I'm in this man can always make me smile, and I've always waved back. This is part of what makes this man happy. As I said before, it's the little things in life...
Quote for the Day: "The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."---Mark Twain
No comments:
Post a Comment