Thursday, January 7, 2010

Superpowers


Throughout the night and most of the morning we had a serious snowfall/winter storm. My car had a good 2 feet of snow on it and after cleaning it off, I decided it would be nice to shovel the rents' driveway for them. My dad thought I was nuts as he watched me put on my boots, gloves, and coat. I explained to him that my car probably wouldn't even make it out of the driveway if I at least didn't shovel out one side.

I was unaware as to how crappy our snow shovel truly is. It stands around 3 1/2 feet tall at the most. So even with my semi-short stature, I had to bend down to shovel. But I did not give up, however! I shoveled the entire driveway in around 45 minutes!

When I walked back inside, my eyes were blurry from snow in my eyelashes. My hair, which was previously straight, was in tangles. There were splotches in front that had gotten wet from the harsh winds blowing snow in my hair and face that had become frozen. My nose was running and my face was on fire from the temperature shock of going from windy, negative temps outside to indoor ones. In short, I looked a hot mess.

My dad asked me if I got my car dug out okay and my reply was, "Yea. The entire driveway and sidewalk is shoveled for you guys too."

My dad paused and looked at me, studying my countenance to judge whether or not I was serious. He then went to the living room window and looked back at me as I was struggling to take my boots off on the stairs.

"Wow," he said. "You must have superpowers!"

Quote of the Day: "I have to get physical therapy. They're going to use soundwaves to try and work out the pains in my chest."--Me
"That sounds awesome; you might get superpowers!"--G
(12/4/09)

2 comments: